Paulina at the Bookaholic Dreamer nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. She’s a psychology student in Scotland, a member of Ravenclaw, and loves books! I enjoy reading her book reviews and tags. If you haven’t checked out her blog, yet, I encourage you to do so.
Thank you, Paulina, for nominating me!
So what is the “Mystery Blogger Award,” you ask? Well, according to Okoto Enigma, it is an award “for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me:
- I would gladly subsist on a diet of cheese crackers, gin and tonics and Oreos. (Please don’t tell my boyfriend, who teaches classes on nutrition!)
- On my last vacation (which was too long ago), I swam in a cenote, had my cards read, plastered myself with mud, and sweated it out in a Temazcal ceremony.
- Four of my favorite TV characters are Olivia Benson from Law & Order, SVU; Jessica Pearson from Suits; Mrs. Maisel from the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel; and Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec.
My Best Posts:
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Can you Pass the Acid Test?
- 12 Cocktails to Pair with Books by Women
- Destination Unknown
**These are the posts I’m most proud of, not necessarily the ones that got the most views.
1. Describe your dream house and where it would be. No money limits!
For someone living in the Seattle area who hasn’t been able to secure reasonable housing, this is a sore topic. Property prices are INSANE here. However, if money wasn’t a factor, I’d have a single-family home with a view of Puget Sound. It’d be nice to have a covered porch, so I could sit out there on a hot summer’s night, drinking G&T’s and reading a book.
It would have a gourmet kitchen, a music room (my piano is currently in storage), and a craft room so I could sew again. Of course, there would be plenty of room for books. I like the look of this space:
2. Do you have any auto-buy authors?
Most of my favorite authors are dead, so if they publish something new, I’d be astonished. As I’ve mentioned a time or twenty on this blog, I love Jane Austen. I also love Georgette Heyer, Hunter S. Thompson, and David Foster Wallace.
Contemporary authors I adore are Frederik Backman, Neil Gaiman, and Robin Sloan.
3. What’s your Hogwarts house and do you feel like you belong to it? (My apologies for this one if you happen to not be a HP fan 😅)
Like Paulina, the Sorting Hat put me in Ravenclaw.
- Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.
–The Sorting Hat, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
4. What is your perfect day like?
My perfect day would involve sleeping in until 10 or 11, a leisurely meal with a fancy cocktail, exploring an interesting part of town (Georgetown or Capitol Hill maybe), listening to music and reading books…and making out with my boyfriend…
5. Weird/funny: what do you do when no one is around or watching? I sing along very loudly and dramatically to all my favorite songs. I particularly like “At the Dark End of the Street” by Percy Sledge and “Sunday Kind of Love” by Etta James.
- Books and Blends | @booksandblends
- Years of Reading Selfishly | @yearsofreading
- IntactAwesomeness | @soma_sahni
- A Cat, A Book and a Cup of Tea | @Cat_book_tea
- A Crave for Books | @acraveforbooks <–My Comment Challenge Partner!
- Books and Fables | @BooksAndFables
- The Book Raven
- Lindsay Acland | @LindsayJour
- The Bibliophagist | @bblphgst
- Tar Heel Reader | @tarheelfit
- What three characters (from a book, TV show, or movie) would you like to have as guests at a dinner party?
- What fictional world would you most like to visit?
- How do you get to your job/school now? If you lived in a fantasy world, how would you get to your job/school?
- What are you most proud of?
- (My “weird” question) What is your theme song?
Thank you, Paulina, for nominating me! This is such a fun experience and it’s great to connect with more bloggers, share some of my favorite blog posts and engage with readers.
To my nominees, I look forward to seeing your responses!