I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by @PrincessofPages. This award honors bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. I’m honored to be selected for this!
In addition to being a really fun friend on Twitter, @PrincessofPages has a great blog where she discusses the books she’s been reading. I know my list of things to read has grown dramatically since I’ve been following her.
Once nominated, a blogger is required to 1) write a post in which they thank the blogger for nominating them and link back to their blog, 2) answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you, 3) nominate eleven other blogs and 4) give them eleven questions to answer, 5) notify your nominees and display the rules and The Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
- What’s the perfect day for you? My perfect day involves family and friends and a great meal at a restaurant so I wouldn’t have to cook or clean.
- What was your last 5 star read and what made it great? I loved, loved LOVED Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff. It was original, fast-paced, funny and packed a punch.
- Do you prefer series or standalones? I usually love the first book or two in a series and then get impatient with them as soon as the novelty (pun intended) wears off. I prefer stand-alones.
- Do you read multiple books at the same time, or do you read one at a time? I only read one book at a time.
- Do you have any book regrets? No, not really. Of course, there have been books I haven’t enjoyed, but I don’t regret trying them. Reading broadly is important to me.
- Who are the 3-6 guys in your harem? You can only choose characters from books, and only one character from each book. I couldn’t deal with more than one guy. The mere idea of that stresses me out. That being said, I would tolerate a harem consisting of Westley from The Princess Bride, Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird and Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars.
- If you could spend the day with any fictional character, who would you choose and what would you be doing? I’d enjoy spending the day with Lemon Fresh from LifeL1k3. She would be a hoot to hang out with! We’d crack jokes, oggle some hotties, and drink some kaff. I would avoid eating neomeat though.
- If you could only read one more book for the rest of 2018, which book would you choose? A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Iriving. I’ve long claimed this is one of my favorite books, but haven’t read it in ages. It’s time for a refresher.
- Do you ever review audio books? I haven’t yet, but that sounds like fun!
- What are three non book related things, you want to share about yourself? I love coffee, but drink tea more often. I can bake killer bread. I was born in Wyoming.
- If you could choose any books series to be made into a TV series, which one would you choose and who would play the hero and heroine? I can totally envision Lifel1k3 being produced for the big or small screen. Perhaps Eliza Taylor could play Eve and Bob Morely could play Ezekiel. Maisie Williams could play Lemon Fresh.
- Reading Under the Blankie
- Reader Voracious
- The Bibliophile Empress
- Books in the Skye
- There are so many deserving bloggers for this award. I think many of the bloggers I frequent have already received this award. If you haven’t and would like to play along, consider yourself nominated!
The questions PrincessofPages sent me are great, so I don’t feel the need to reinvent the wheel 🙂