What drink would be perfect for sipping while reading Harper Lee’s classic? Tequila Mockingbird, naturally. Most of us read To Kill a Mockingbird while in school. It’s a book I’ll never forget.
8. Isabel Allende hails from Chile, where the Pisco Sour is a popular beverage. While House of Spirits is a grand family drama, it would also be a great name for a bar.
9. Annie Proulx, the celebrated author of the Shipping News, loves cider.
10. You might enjoy drinking a mandarin orange tequila smash while reading the Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
11. The Take Your Own Measure is a thoughtfully concocted beverage inspired by Joan Didion. I’m hard-pressed to pick just one of her books, but you might begin with The Year of Magical Thinking.
12. Last, but not least, is the delightful sounding Virginia Woolf cocktail crafted by the Bloomsbury Club Bar. My two favorite books by Virginia Woolf are A Room of One’s Own and Mrs. Dalloway.